Thursday 16 February 2012

Waiting for the postman...


I have just bought this beautiful fingering weight merino yarn on Etsy from lightbrownhare to make a lightweight beanie for my boyfriend, James. He wants a non-slouchy beanie this time, that is suitable for the weather leading to spring time. This is the first time I've bought yarn on Etsy, and the first time I'm using a hand-dyed yarn so I absolutely cannot wait to find my package arriving in the post! I had wanted to buy recycled yarn, but James insisted on this colour, and to be honest, I fell in love with it too.


I have also ordered some yarn in preparation for spring, again online. I'm still a little weary of ordering yarns online because the colours are always slightly different from what you see on the screen, and you can't feel the yarn, which is of course the biggest pleasure when shopping for yarns. But it's probably a good thing I bought this online, as the yarn I bought is linen, which I've been told is, until washed, very rough to touch. I've never knit with linen before, so this will be a great experiment. The raw linen is mixed with recycled linen, so I'm happy that I found a linen yarn that is sustainable and affordable!

No comments:

Post a Comment