Wednesday 8 February 2012

My first attempt...

Welcome! This is the first of what I hope will be a fruitful collection of posts exploring, well, everything! The main focus of my blog though will lay with exploring ideas for my projects: textures, patterns, theories, ideas, sketches, works in progress, and last but definitely not least, materials. I am currently into knitting and a bit of crochet and I have been researching about the use of different fibres in my work, and not just the behaviour of the fibres but also the sustainability of the process to create these fibres. I am doing this blog mostly so that I can develop my creations and designs, through a clear process, by taking it out of my head and putting it in one place, but also so that people interested in the items in my shop can see the process of thought and creation.


The other focus of my blog will be related to my studies (and once finished hopefully my career!!), which is a masters in international planning and sustainable development. This course focuses on urban design, planning and development in general and more specifically in developing countries, with a principle focus on social, environmental and economic sustainability.


To these two 'main' subjects of my blog I will add general thoughts and things I like. I have no clear view of how this will work out, we will see where it will take me! At this moment, I'm still trying to figure out how to work this blogging thing, so please bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment